Tuesday, October 22, 2013

working on my credo and my "commandments"

I believe that "religion" should be a set of values, ideas, or aspirations that set you on a path toward being the best person you can be.  I believe people should try to perceive and to create beauty in the world.
Beauty is not how a person or a thing looks.  It is how you love and how you speak and how you walk.  It is the way an experience or thing affects you, makes you stop and appreciate its existence.
I believe that belief is not what you find written by someone.  It is what makes your heart relax and what touches your center in a way that opens everything inside you to hope.

I believe that to let the rain touch my pores, to let my heart connect to the mist that caresses the crevices of each mountain nook, to take the time to notice the sunrise and the way the air can smell like different seasons allows me to live, without judgement, regardless of answers. 

I don't believe there really are answers.  There are questions cradled in the glowing sunsets, the sparkling sunrises, the crackling fires, and the smooth sleek tumbles of river waters, in each sorrow and joy we experience.

I believe there is nothing but what is here and can be felt, or created between each of us, be the pairing human, ursine, aquatic, somehow sentient, or solid and of the earth.

I believe it is for each of us to Find a path.  Hold a hand.  Touch something other than ourselves.  These simple things are what I believe in.  These connections.  These moments of clarity that breathe comfort into the indifference or pain which all too often engulfs us.  I do not believe There is a god or God, no Goddess or gods judging us, loving us, choosing among us, helping or hurting us...there is energy and I believe that this energy can sometimes respond to us, in different ways. There is expansion, growth, destruction, pain, death, sorrow...and love. If there is anything akin to being saved, it is feeling, finding, accepting LOVE. 

There is Divine Connection.

My idea of 6 Ethical Commandments, or perhaps Guidelines
1) Treat all life as sacred
2) Show compassion in all you do.  Remember to include in this both yourself and those you dislike
3) Speak and act honestly whenever possible
4) Accept and respect the idea that there are very few right and wrong thoughts/actions; rather, most  
    often there are ones we do understand and agree with, and ones we don't
5) Be brave enough to ask for help when needed- allowing others to do for you is a blessing because 
    it fosters Divine Connection
6) Share whenever possible, for this also honors Divine Connection
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment