Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Sculpture

Who will I be?
without that fear--

on the screen my memory plays
scenes of days
that almost killed me
Each day, each breach of trust
carefully placed a rock
a boulder
on my heart making a tower
to tighten my chest
make breathing
hard
make believing
hard
make being
hard.

Watching yellow gliding, guiding
circles for my eyes
the fear begins
to melt the images
like water colors
dripping down a drain
Finally ruining the picture of me
that I let
them
paint.
Potomac marble: Gettysburg shale, quartz,  and limestone

Not a blank canvass
left behind
more like conglomerate rock
striated multicolored
some parts hard, some parts soft all of it
rock
to be smoothed and polished
into Potomac marble
shaped by
me
this time
and those I choose to let in.

No comments:

Post a Comment