Thursday, July 16, 2020

I Think So

Is it odd? That I didn't survive
By a dream I had of the future
I got here
By falling inside myself
And digging in the quagmire
The squelching putrid slimy stuff
That squeezes between your toes

I let my fingers fall between the folds
Of my pain
Playing with the short hair
At the nape of my neck
Soft and fuzzy
Not particularly female
And
I love it

My head, purple and gray from the
Follicle
My pain coagulated with the scent
Of honeysuckle tears
Mango magic red deep marrow

Is it odd?
That I still grasp for
What lives in death snake shadows
Curling limbs into solid slithering trees
Giving solitary sanctuary to owls
Telling tales
Of generational pain and healing
Allowing vibrations to shake us
Leafless

Crawling into frozen
Small
Spaces.
Broken
Barely big enough
For one
Desperate
Breath

Taken

Given

Taken

As the chest of the world
Breathes in and out

Jupiter
And Pluto
Orion and Perseus
A hunter defeated by a scorpion
A slayer of the gorgon
Crowned in snakes
Misunderstood
A formidable warrior
Her fury cooled by the silent flap
Of owl wings

Wisdom
Solitude
Transformation
Fearing that what faces you is human

Breathe
For that
Is human too

My fingers fall between
The fading years
Between wedding ring
And diatomaceous diamonds on the fingers
A life that had to learn
To caress death

 
Breathe
Choke
Falter
And fall forward
In broken bloody baby steps

Be.

The human creates life from
Microscopic substance
Rockets from electrical impulses
Scribbled by dancing phalanges
Playing with graphite rock
Onto skin-thin dead tree trunks

Is it odd?
That i survived at all?
So far?
When all I dream of
Is a world where we all
Stop
Hiding

No comments:

Post a Comment