Friday, July 3, 2020

Grief

There is a swirl
That starts small
A whirling darkness of
Nightmare blue 
Inside my insides
Deep in the marrow
Of my aching bones

There is a cramping
That winds its way
Bubbling from the center red
Of my gut
Stretching out claw tipped fingers
To scratch lines upon
My obsidian stone heart

The silhouette of a wasp 
Outlined against the crisp
White disk moon
In search of protein to
Tear off in chunks 
Fuel for the generations

Death is a benediction 
A balm upon my blistered, swollen
Flesh
The spasms of the farthest star
Pulling on me
Tugs also 
Upon the web weaving us all
Into our circle

A labyrinthine twining
Of your soul and his blood
With her tears and our muscle
A rippling scream 
That we are rent
One from the other

As surely as a tree limb is splintered
By the end of the arc of an 
Axe blade
Our fear kills us

Bleeding black skin, red skin, brown skin, white
And thick
Wet
Hot
Our blood 
seeps deep to the core










No comments:

Post a Comment