Sunday, December 1, 2019

Dim lights, faded friendship

"At the darkest moment comes the light"
And I am waiting.

(It was the quiet soft moments
That made me want to. Against your
Spoken,warning words.
Your lips, a sweet secret elixir
For scars I had forgotten existed)

Unlocked and still he stays inside
Fighting off even "foes" who come
As friends
Laying down daisies, shiney rocks,
Magic beans, their own wounded, naked bodies
Defenseless.
As he watches them from a distance wondering what
Is wrong with them, lying there
Undefended? How could they
Let their guard down? He even told them
Not to

So you attack, gently at first, just enough
To wake her
Teach her
Make her
Defend
Protect

As if she, I, didn't already know these things,
Carved into the marrow
Of my myriad broken
Bones

I cannot change who I am
You, you have decided you
Will not

On your own...cold, detached, crumbling into an
Internal furnace of infinity.
Emptiness is your choice
Your safe space
And guilt
Is wiped out
By the myths you create

The story spell webs you spin to suspend yourself in
You can blame it on me
For asking or offering
Too Much

Yet you
Are the weaver of words
The digger of this death knell
Echoing well
in which
You drown yourself
Over and
Over

A darkened death not even friendship
Can survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment