Thursday, December 26, 2019

Battle Ready

I am naked
Kneeling in the middle
Of a shallow, slow moving river
And I stand.

The water cascades gently off
My cool smooth skin
Dripping from my eyelashes
Curving around my heavy breats
Pooling back into
The source

I emerge
Strong, golden
Glowing from within
I release the weight of water
And the dark, sour demon I ingested

I pulled her from around
Your aching heart
Unaware of how deeply
She would seed herself
Inside me

The water warped her heart stone
Entering deep into her cracks and crevices
I withdraw my love, retrieving any part of me
That I can see
And feel her freezing
In my hand.

Nature's bit and drill wedge in
Deep
Cracks become pops that echo,
Splits
Shatter
Till she rains
In small stone pebbles

Too small to retrieve
So light that even this
Slow, silver river
Carriers her shards
Away

I release that
Which does not serve me

And the ancient
Battle Crow watches
As the stones become
Sand

She caws
Calling me
To journey
Deeper:
to retrieve my soul

I release rhat which does not
Serve me

And take a step.
My toes sink, squishing deeply
Into cool, thick mud
And blades of broken glass
Cling between my toes

Another step, silent
Slow
And the crows swarm
Closer
Calling me
Clothing me
In bone, and moss,
Antlers, vines, amd snake skin
Marking my face with mud
Black lines where the tears used to
Flow

I tilt my head to the sky
And scream
My battle cry

I release that which does not
Serve me and
I call to you
Morrigan
That you will see me,
And I shall never have
To walk alone

I am one of many within your Murder

I release that which does not serve me
And I bend my knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment