Tuesday, October 8, 2019

My Own Saviour

I won't leave, he said. And it was true. And
he also wasn't there.
Standing before her, more invisible than fog Sharper than a thousand swords more toxic than monkshood. She, too, tried to stay.

I found her, this frail small part
of me. Her hair hanging long over
her face covering her eyes.
she wears no clothes, for she is feral and
her ribs show through sallow skin.

She has cried out all her tears. I hear the breath raw and hot in her heaving ragged throat.
"I am larger than you. I am larger than tears," I say to her softly.

"I am a swollen sponge stronger than the moon's pull. My eyes are love crumbs searching for ways to soothe every part of you."
She sees me, finally, and sighs.

I scoop her up and hold her close.
I see the places where her skin is torn and rip my shirt
to stop her bleeding.
I wrap her in my arms, and lift her,
Hold her tightly to my naked chest, my small far from innocent babe

she can sleep now. It's my turn to walk.
A mountain giant I stride across the universes inside me.
There is not much that can pierce my thickened skin.
So I will take the wheel for a while. I will walk while you cannot
I will fight while you hide
heal
I will protect you while you dissolve to rebuild.
I am strong enough for
Every part of me

No comments:

Post a Comment