Tuesday, March 17, 2015

words on silent wings I wish I turly believed (poem)

courage
closing around soft caresses
whispers of wind
and hope and healing
leading down paths
with no exit

just more entrances

owl wings
silent deadly
feathers silken shadows

it is as if I hear voices
that are not
human
and at the same time
are mine

I do not understand
yet should know
I should
in fact
be the creator

I am, however, the mouse

owls and bears and
honestly
there is not one watching

instead I'm perched
atop a losing
jenga game

and I think
of courage

I think of his anger
wondering if illness undeserved
triggered my kill switch

it did more

it installed the kill switch

how do you find hope
inside a trap?

How can you embrace a freedom
from a trap that never was
unwanted

and now I am

released

into the world
broken, able, angry, scared

and moment inside a secret garden
are just that

moments.

Peace
courage
love
loss
fear
grief

these are only words

and words wear only
the armor we link for them

what armor wears these words

and comes out strong?

I don't know
but it will
be
mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment