Tuesday, March 24, 2015

To Not Give Up (poem)

Hide me
without letting me slip away
don't break me
for I am broken
beyond repair
beyond the need for repair

see me for I am worth
looking
at

I have hands that connect us
and eyes that see
more than your words can tell me
I read your moves
like a poem on the waves
of time and musical notes in the song
of your personal pain

shadows
define light as much as light
brings the shadow
find it...find the sharp lines
that make
you
curve

into yourself
curl
around
what you need

there is courage here
powerful soft swaying motion
that forces you to find
connection

no strength is worth
the loss of anything
worthy

so work into your bones
the strength of time
bend at the knees
tip your neck to the sky

step
and again

the slowest dance of all

to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment