Friday, June 7, 2013

brief progression

Today is my second without drinking. After fights and punching holes in walls and screaming tears yesterday, today there was an odd and tentative connection to strength...it was an ok feeling...and I got is Chinese food and dessert from Starbucks, and walked the dogs and even did yoga!

Just breathe. Each tiny step at a time....and remeber even I screw up and do things poorly sometimes and that is part of the journey. It does not define me. I am more than what one or two other people perceive me to be...and when I think about how I was John's wife and how I am the mother to our three amazing kiddos, I know more than anything, I am defined by love, and strength, hope and kindness and adventure and a little bit of crazy...and I like that...

No comments:

Post a Comment